THE OVERWHELMING HUSBAND:
Any husband can make himself irresistible or overwhelming to his wife by learning to meet her 5 most important emotional needs. Which are:
1. Affection: When her husband tells her that he loves her with words, messages, gifts, and common courtesies. He hugs and kisses many times each day, creating an environment of affection that clearly and repeatedly expresses the love for her. Most of the women need affection in their marriage to remain happy.
2. Conversation: He sets aside time every day to talk to her. They may talk about events in their lives, their children, their feelings, or their plans. But whatever the topic, she enjoys the conversation because it is never judgemental; but it is rather always informative and constructive. She talks to him as much as she would like and responds with interest. He is never too busy “to just talk”.
3. Honesty, and Openness: He tells her everything about himself, leaving nothing out that might later surprise her. He describes the positive and negative feelings about his past events (necessary ones), his daily schedule, and his plans for the future. He never leaves her with a false impression, and he’s truthful about his thoughts, feelings and intentions, and behaviour.
4. Financial Support: He assumes the responsibility for the house, feeds, and clothe the family. If his income is insufficient to provide essential support, he finds a way out, by upgrading his skills to increase his salary. He does not work long hours, keeping himself away from his wife and family; but he can provide necessary support by working 40 to 45 hours a week. While he encourages his wife to pursue a piety guarded career, he does not depend on her salary for family living expenses nor base the family on 50-50.
5. Family Commitment: He commits sufficient time and energy to the moral and educational development of the children. He reads to them, engages in sports with them, and takes them on frequent outings. He reads books and attends lectures with his wife on the subject of child development so that they will do a good job in training the child. They both discuss the training methodology and objectives they agreed upon.